EL & EL Wood Products is one of the largest distributors of mouldings, millworks and doors in California, Nevada and Arizona. For over 50 years, EL & EL has maintained a family owned and operated company that is committed to providing superior customer service and product quality. EL & EL Wood Products is seeking an experienced Shuttle Driver with a Class A CDL to operate a semi-tractor with a curtain side trailer; back and forth from distribution center to stock yard. Drivers are responsible for tying down the load and safely transporting materials.
Experience and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Customer service skills and a solid safety record.
- Ability to make minor repairs when needed.
- Must have a valid Class A driver license and maintain a valid license throughout employment.
- Minimum of six months as a Truck driver for a multiple delivery employer preferred.
- Experience driving in extreme weather conditions preferred.
- Must have a clean MVR for the past 3 years and maintain throughout employment.
- Must pass DOT physical and continue to do so as a condition of continual employment.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen. As a condition of continual employment must be able to pass all random and post-accident drug tests.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to include: long hours and odd hours.
- Must have knowledge of DOT laws and comply with company requirements.
- Uniforms provided. Warehouse environment.
- This is a full-time position and offers competitive wages. Our compensation package includes excellent benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life Insurance, 401 (k), Vacation Pay, Sick Time and Holiday Pay. Employees are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- I have reviewed and understand the above job description. This job description does not list all duties of the position. I acknowledge and accept the responsibilities of this position. You may be asked by your manager to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed herein. I understand the Director of HR has the right to change this job description at any time.