The basic function of the forklift operator is to load and unload Trucks with molding and doors. Responsible for performing various duties, such as receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packaging and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock. Other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make deliveries to multiple customers in a safe and efficient manner
- Inspect cargo to ensure that it is loaded correctly
- Inspect truck and fill out truck inspection sheet before leaving the yard
- Responsible for inventory count upon delivery
- Review shipping documents and report any issues with trucks or deliveries
- Take truck to the mechanic for routine maintenance
- Responsible to monitor the oil drums and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) fuel that is used
- Accurately fill out truck report and log books per DOT regulations and EEWP policy
- Drives truck along the designated route must conform to state weigh station regulations
- Use the forklift in a safe manner
- Communicate with the night loading manager on any changes or issues with the trucks, or the deliver routing list
- Drive to and from Las Vegas and Arizona when assigned and be willing to stay over-night if required
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Ensure customer invoices are returned accurately and complete
- Understand the procedure for RMA and COD and accurately process all paperwork at end of day for invoices, checks, RMA, templates, etc.
- Ensure that truck is loaded with correct materials and properly separated to allow for quickest unloading
- Understand what an apportioned truck is and how to identify one
- Performs safety check and completes a thorough inspection of the truck and trailer
- Must report all general maintenance daily
- Obey all traffic and company safety rules and regulations
- Ensure fuel level and DEF is above 3 quarters of a tank before the end of your shift
- Inform Transportation Manager of any traffic fines or citations
- Have proper work attire; uniform, and work boots
- Other duties assigned to meet job requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
Education, Experience, Knowledge:
- High school diploma
- Minimum of one-year work experience as a Truck driver for a large lumber warehouse type industry.
- Must have experience driving in extreme weather conditions.
Skills & Qualifications:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a valid Class A commercial Driver’s license for trucks at 26,000 lbs. or more
- Clean driving record and no DUI convictions
- Must have up-to-date personal DOT record
- Must be certified to safely use a forklift including piggyback forklift within 60 days
- Must pass a DOT physical examination and a DOT drug test. Random drug screening will be performed throughout employment. Failure to get tested within 24 hours will be grounds for formal write up and or suspension
- Has successfully completed a seven day “ride along” training program and signed off by a Lead Truck Driver prior to completing deliveries on your own
- Standing for an extended length of time
- Must have excellent eye sight and depth perception
- Must be in sound physical condition and be able to perform a physically demanding job
- Must be able to lift-up-to 100lbs. without assistance
- At times this position can be rough and vigorous; and will require pulling materials to the appropriate work area
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions in English
- Ability to accurately understand and take direction
- Ability to accurately receive and/or deliver products
- Basic math skills including understanding of weights and measures
- Ability to communicate in English with employees, management and customers
- Must be able to follow GPS and written instructions to locate customer’s or job site locations
- Logistics and warehouse environment
- There may be long and irregular hours, including overtime. This may include occasional weekends
- Exposure to extreme heat & cold weather conditions, dust, dirt, fumes and loud noises
- Road and driving hazards that comes with driving a commercial vehicle
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full time position. Required to clock in and out using the biometric time clock system for meals and rest breaks.
- Employees are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- I have reviewed and understand the above job description. This job description does not list all duties of the position. I acknowledge and accept the responsibilities of this position. You may be asked by your manager to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed herein. I understand the Director of HR has the right to change this job description at any time.